Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
Module 1: Managing PCs and devices in an enterprise environmentThis module explains the most current trends and information related to desktop and device management in the enterprise. It also provides an overview of on-premises management compared to cloud-based IT management and services including an overview of Microsoft Enterprise Mobility + Security solution.
- Managing Windows 10 in the enterprise
- Managing a mobile workforce and supporting devices
- Overview of Enterprise Mobility + Security
Module 2: Traditional Windows 10 deployment in the enterpriseThis module explains the various deployment scenarios for Windows 10 and the considerations to keep in mind while performing these deployments. It also explains how to deploy Windows 10 by using the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK). This module also explains how to maintain Windows 10 by using DISM and Windows Configuration Designer. Additionally, it explains the different types of volume activation technologies and tools to manage activation.
- Overview of Windows 10 enterprise deployment
- Customizing enterprise deployments
- Maintaining a Windows 10 installation
- Volume license activation for Windows 10
Module 3: Managing Windows 10 sign-in and identityThis module defines identity and explains why identity is important in today’s network and cloud environments. It also provides an overview of Azure AD and how to extend on-premises identity to the cloud.
- Overview of enterprise identity
- Overview of Azure AD Premium P2
- Extending identity to the cloud
Lab : Extending on-premises AD DS to Azure AD
- Activating a trial Azure subscription and creating an Azure AD tenant
- Managing Azure AD groups
- Configuring and enabling directory synchronization
- Joining Windows 10 to Azure AD
Module 4: Managing user profiles and User State Virtualization
This module explains different types of user profiles in domain environment, how to manage user profiles and user state using tools such as the User State Migration Tool (USMT) and Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V).
- Managing user profiles and user state
- Configuring UE-V
- Managing user state migration
Module 5: Managing desktop and application settings by using Group PolicyThis module explains how to manage Group Policy inheritance, administrative templates, and common enterprise desktop settings. This module also explains how to apply Group Policy Preferences using targeting and filtering.
- Managing Group Policy Objects
- Configuring enterprise desktops by using Group Policy policies
- Overview of Group Policy preferences
Module 6: Managing devices in Office 365In this module students will learn about Office 365 and its main features. The focus of this module is on device management by using mobile device management for Office 365.
- Overview of Office 365
- MDM for Office 365
Module 7: Managing PCs and devices by using Microsoft IntuneThis module explains how to manage devices by using Intune and how to perform basic Intune administration. You will also learn how to work with device profiles, configure conditional access and manage software updates.
- Overview of Intune
- Managing devices by using Intune
- Basic Intune administration
- Working with Intune device profiles
- Conditional access with Intune
- Managing software updates
Lab : Implementing Intune
- Adding Intune users
- Delegating permissions and using the Azure portal
- Enrolling Windows 10 to Intune
- Using the Microsoft Intune portal
Module 8: Configuring and using Microsoft Store for BusinessThis module explains how to implement Microsoft Store for Business and how to deploy apps from Microsoft Store for Business. It also provide an overview of Windows AutoPilot and explains how to use it for Windows 10 deployment.
- Using Microsoft Store for Business for app deployment
- Deploying Windows 10 by using Windows AutoPilot
Module 9: Deploying apps and managing information access by using IntuneThis module explains how to use Intune for app deployment and management. It also explains how to configure and use WIP.
- App management by using Intune
- App deployment and management
- Working with WIP
Module 10: Managing data access for Windows-based devicesThis module explains how to provide secure access to organizational data. Solutions discussed include Work Folders and RemoteApp programs. This module also explains how to configure and share data stored in Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
- Overview remote data access solutions
- Implementing Work Folders
- Implementing cloud data access
- Publishing and using RemoteApp programs
Module 11: Configuring and managing Client Hyper-VThis module explains how to create virtual switches, virtual hard disks, and virtual machines by using Client Hyper-V.
- Installing and configuring Client Hyper-V
- Configuring virtual switches
- Creating and managing virtual hard disks
- Creating and managing VMs