Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
This module enables students to plan the components of a BI Solution.
• Elements of a BI Solution
• Planning a BI Project
• The Microsoft BI Platform
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
This module describes how to use plan appropriate BI Infrastructure given a set of BI Parameters.
• Considerations of BI Infrastructure
• Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
This module describes how to design a data warehouse given a set of user requirements.
• Data Warehouse Design Overview
• Designing Dimension Tables
• Design FACT tables
Module 4: Designing an ETL solution
This lesson describes how to design an extract, transform and load (ETL) solution.
• ETL Overview
• Planning for Data Extraction
• Planning for Data Transformations
• Planning for Data Loading
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
This module describes how to design analytical data models for specific BI scenarios.
• Introduction to Analytical data Models
• Designing Analytical Data Models
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
This module describes how to choose an appropriate delivery solution for a given scenario.
• Considerations for BI delivery
• Common Reporting Scenarios
• Choosing a Reporting Tool
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
This module describes how to design a reporting services solution.
• Planning a Reporting Solution
• Designing Reports
• Planning Report Consistency
Module 8: Designing an Excel Based reporting Solution
In this module students will learn how to design a reporting solution using Excel.
• Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
• PowerPivot in Excel
• Power View in Excel
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
This module introduces the use of SharePoint Server as a BI solution.
• Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
• Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
• Planning Reporting Services Configuration
• Planning PowerPivot Configuration
• Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to optimize and monitor a BI solution.
• Overview of BI Monitoring
• Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
• Monitoring and Analyzing Analysis Services
• Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
At the conclusion of this module you will be able to plan management and maintenance operations of a BI solution.
• Overview of BI Operations
• ETL Operations
• Data Warehouse Operations
• Analysis Services Operations
• Reporting Services Operations